It’s not always easy to stay motivated that’s why we’ve compiled 9 journal prompts to help you keep your goals and intentions at the forefront of your thoughts. There are questions ranging from why you want to accomplish a goal to what obstacles you might expect. These intention setting journal prompts will keep you going on days when motivation is low.
What Is Intention Setting?
Intention setting is the practice of focusing one’s attention on what they want to achieve. By doing this, it is believed that you are more likely to achieve your goals.
There are many different ways to set intentions. Some people use visualization, while others use affirmations or positive statements. Some people write down their intentions, while others simply think about them. No matter how you choose to set your intentions, the important thing is that you are clear about what you want to achieve.
9 Intention Setting Journal Prompts
- What are your goals for the next 3 months?
- What are your goals for the next year?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What do you need to do to achieve your goals?
- What is your motivation for achieving your goals?
- What obstacles do you need to overcome to achieve your goals?
- Who can help you achieve your goals?
- What resources do you need to achieve your goals?
- When will you start working on your goals?
- How will you know when you have achieved your goal?
If you’re looking to set some intentions for the new year, or even just for the week ahead, these journal prompts will help you get started. By taking the time to sit down and reflect on what it is you want to achieve, you’ll be better equipped to make it happen. So grab a pen and paper (or open up your notebook app on your computer) and start writing — these prompts will help you get started setting some powerful intentions that are sure to inspire you throughout the year.