Crystals are beautiful gemstones that have been used for centuries for their healing properties. They are said to absorb, store, and release energy, which can help to balance the mind, body, and spirit. They’re an amazing tool that can be used to amplify your own energy and intentions.
Cleansing and charging your crystals is an important part of working with them. It helps to clear away any negative energy they may have picked up and infuses them with fresh, positive energy. In this Beginner’s Guide, we will explore how to cleanse and charge your crystals.
How To Do A Basic Cleanse
First, figure out what kind of crystal you have. There are many different types of crystals, and each one needs to be treated differently. For example, some crystals should never be placed in water, while others can withstand it.
It’s important to cleanse your crystals, when you first get them. This will help to remove any unwanted energy that they may have picked up along the way. There are many different ways to cleanse your crystals, but here are a few of the most popular methods:
- Cleansing with water: You can use running water from a tap or natural spring to cleanse your crystals. Simply hold the crystal under the water for a few minutes and then allow it to air dry.
- Cleansing with salt: Mix together equal parts salt and water to create a cleansing solution. Add your crystals to the solution and allow them to soak for 24 hours. After this time, rinse them off with fresh water and allow them to air dry.
- Cleansing with sage: Sage has long been used for cleansing purposes. Simply hold your crystal in the smoke of a burning sage stick for a few minutes.
How To Charge Your Crystals
Once you have cleansed your crystals, it is time to charge them. This helps to infuse them with positive energy that can be used for healing purposes. Again, there are many different ways to charge crystals, but here are a few of the most popular methods:
- Charging by the sun: This method is the most popular and common. Simply set your crystals out in the sunlight for a few hours to a day and they should be charged enough to use.
- Charging with your own energy: You can also choose to imbue them with your own positive energy. Hold your crystal in one hand while sending it positive thoughts or focusing on a specific intention.
- Charging with moonlight: To charge crystals with moonlight, place them outside overnight under the light of the full moon.
- Reiki charging: Reiki energy can be used for charging crystals by using a technique called Sei He Ki (pronounced Say-Hay-Key). In this method, you will hold the crystal in both hands and use the middle finger of each hand to tap your palm. You will then focus on sending the crystal loving energy from your heart.
Cleansing and charging your crystals is a simple but important part of working with them. It helps to clear away any negative energy they may have picked up and infuses them with fresh, positive energy. As a beginner, it’s important to start off with some basic cleansing techniques so that you can get comfortable with the process. Once you’ve mastered the basics, you can experiment with different methods to find what works best for you and your crystals. Thanks for reading!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you purchase through our link at no extra cost to you.